A lifestyle blog, with lots of photography, creating and pretty things.

Pages

April 28, 2014

Seeing Beauty No. 3 - My Living Room

I've given you a little tour of my yard and my basement and my quest to see beauty in my surroundings and in the things I already own. I was planning on seeing beauty in my kitchen next but then I soaked up the view in the below picture and knew my living room had to be next on the list.
I love the collection of mementos and pictures above our fireplace. I eventually want to fill the entire space with frames full of memories and art.
This little fairy has been in my home in one place or another for over 15 years. Her bowl broke this year during the Christmas decorating frenzy. She is sitting on old science book set set my husband has had since he was a boy.
A little side table full of odds and ends. My dancing lady needs a repair, a project that is in the queue. If you look closely you can see some of the fossils that make up our fireplace wall (hint, there is a shell to the right of the dancing ladies raised arms).
I love to craft with buttons but I haven't in a long time. It has a lot to do with this little frame I made. I need to buy more buttons so the container can stay full and my crafting craving can be fulfilled.
I love all of the light that floods this room during the day. I am even more grateful when I can work from home and sit on the couch answering my e-mails. Don't worry about the smoke detectors, it was battery changing day and they are reinstalled.
Made crafts and purchased crafts can be found in little corners of the living room.

Is there an area of your house that you can look at with fresh eyes to see the beauty that is already there?

3 comments:

  1. The view from your window is breathtaking, Harmony!!! I bet it's everyone's favorite spot to sit at. I adore all the little details and treasures.
    That's it, my friend. I'm inviting myself for a coffee because I want to see it with my own eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I didn't mean to force it at all :) Let me know when you are available and we will do something.

      Delete