A lifestyle blog, with lots of photography, creating and pretty things.

Pages

April 09, 2014

experience

On Monday night I came home to an empty house. I was home early and all my boys were out at the park or activities (with my husband transporting them). I wandered from room to room not knowing what to do with this unexpected free time, not sure what to do with myself.

It was a strange predicament, in the mornings I love my quiet time; I drink my coffee, read my blogs and am still. In the evenings, after the boys are in bed, I putter and tidy or I will work on my "day" job. And I fit in creating when and where I can.

It was early in the evening and the sun was just setting, it was a photographer's magic hour.

I decided to really experience this found time and took my camera on a front yard exploration. I felt awkward at first as my camera is usually pointed at one of my boys or purposely taking pictures for this blog. And then I let go and was in the moment.

This is my response to the prompt experience on the Focus on Everyday blog. Please visit the blog to see the rest of the team's interpretation of experience.


4 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny that when we find time just for ourselves it surprises us? I'm glad that you used the time to explore outside. The shot is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Every time I do, I am reminded how much I enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. Hello! I just found your blog on twitter and really love it so thought I’d follow you. It’d be great if you followed me back on blogger and give me a tweet every now and then. I love to hear from my followers :)
    It's really interesting how we spend our time when we're alone - mine is mainly spent blogging or reading haha!

    Looking forward to reading more of your posts! Much love xx

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I will definitely check out your blog. I use Bloglovin, what reader do you use?

      Delete