A lifestyle blog, with lots of photography, creating and pretty things.

Pages

April 21, 2014

30 Days of Happy


30 days ago, I shared that I was going to start the #100happydays project. Well actually it has been 31 days, I counted number 7 twice.

Shortly after joining the project, I read an article in the local news bashing the challenge. You can read it here, but essentially it says how unrealistic it is to be happy for 100 days in a row and that we are setting ourselves up for unhappiness trying to achieve this goal for such a long period of time.

A friend asked me why I was participating because, in her words, "You are happy!" And my response was that I like the idea of being mindful of what makes me happy and documenting it.

I don't believe we go through life in a cloud of happiness everyday. We feel the range of emotions, some fleeting some longer, on a continual basis. But why not make an effort to seek out and recognize the moments that bring you happiness?

If you want to follow along with me, you can find me on Instagram.
User name @harmonyc

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad that you've decided to go for it! you will treasure every single photo.

    And I totally agree with you about being mindful of things that make us happy! Way to go, my friend!

    ReplyDelete