A lifestyle blog, with lots of photography, creating and pretty things.

Pages

March 31, 2014

My Go-To Smoothie

I am off and on with my green smoothies. Mostly on, the off times are when I sleep in and it seems easier to pop a piece of toast in the toaster or have a bowl of cereal. But when I'm on, this is my go-to recipe for smoothies.
I start with a banana and a huge handful of spinach or kale. Next goes in the frozen fruit (sorry no measurements here, I pour until it looks good). I also add in protein powder; being diabetic I need to balance the natural sugars in the banana and frozen fruit with some protein. Then I usually add 1 1/2  - 2 cups of water.

Because I use frozen fruit I don't add ice and it is still thick and cold.
My blender isn't a fancy one but I never have chunks of green stuff I need to slurp back and because of that I decided to add an orange to my smoothie this morning. 
It was a great success!

If you follow my "sort-of" recipe, you should have enough for 2 generous smoothies. I put my second one in the fridge for the next day. It isn't pretty but still tastes the same.

I signed-up for the 30-day green smoothie challenge that starts tomorrow, mostly for the recipes!

Looking for more recipes? Check out Mini Muffins Many Ways and One Bowl Chocolate Chip Cookies.


2 comments:

  1. I love smoothies! This smoothie is so quick and simple to make. Will definitely give it a go soon :) x

    ~ www.brunette-wavez.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting my supplies for the challenge today :) Little bit scared as I have never tried smoothie with spinach ;)

    ReplyDelete