A lifestyle blog, with lots of photography, creating and pretty things.

Pages

July 03, 2010

More Thrift Stores, a Picnic and Paint Chips

Jeremy and I went thrifting again Friday night - we laughed at ourselves that we wanted to go thrift store shopping again during our alone time, but hey it's our time to do what we want.

Here are some of the treasures we found while having a great time:

a matching saucer to the 2 plates and bowl from a couple of weeks ago


a hardwood duck to keep Jeremy's new collection company




and some new patterns I can't wait to try - the size isn't 100% perfect but I'm going to give it a few modifications to get it fitting just right in certain areas. (no matter which way I rotate the pattern photo it wants to load like this - I'll chalk it up to finicky old age as they are from 1969)



Then we went on a picnic to Alco Park, we sat by the river...

tried to get a good picture of us together...

had a couple of um, oranges...

met a few slimey friends...


and found a few rocks for the boys to paint this week.

We went to the hardware store to pick out paint colours for a couple of rooms in our house I have been wanting to do something about for 4 years. Since we're going to be in this house for another year we decided it is time to do something about it. Seriously, I won't show you how bad it is until I have before and after pictures - it will be more dramatic that way.

1 comment:

  1. I love shopping at thrift stores. We have a huge Salvation Army store in my town with some real treasures.

    ReplyDelete