My last birthday boy of this year, and his exuberance for his presents and cake was a great way to end the celebrations in our house. (Mine is still to come but we will be on vacation and I will be planning none of the festivities!).
At 8 Darien:
- Still loves to snuggle. He loves to come into our bed just as I'm waking up for the day to sneak in extra cuddles and sleep beside his dad.
- Is so adventurous and independent. These are great attributes, they just make me nervous as he is also very focused on doing what he wants to do.
- Has a famous line when he is caught doing something he shouldn't and it is "I forgot".
- Is so very thoughtful. He loves to make things for others and surprise them with his creations or good deeds.
- Is creative and has a keen sense for figuring things out. Like when he went to the salmon hatchery and put 2 and 2 together about the mechanics on how human babies are made. There is a logical trail he followed and I'm not sure all 8 year olds would have connected the dots the way he did. Ahem.